-Onsite/Offsite Model Saves Clients 25% or more in overall project costs-
Bingham Farms, MI – (February 20, 2013) -- Synergy Computer Solutions, Inc., (“Synergy”) is a Certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) providing expertise in Information Technology Consulting, Outsourced Solutions, and Strategic Staffing. The company has many long-time clients in a variety of industries including healthcare, health insurance, pharmaceuticals, alternative energy, financial services, automotive and others.
Synergy offers project-based service delivery options to clients including an onsite/offsite model which is designed to provide high quality services at a reduced cost. The model is based on placing a small on-site project team or technical leader who leverages a pool of off-site resources.
Recently, a manager at one of Synergy’s client sites (Health Insurance Provider) confided to his Synergy representative that he had some bad experiences with onsite/offsite outsourcing in the past, and had doubts that the experience with Synergy (Synergy Computer Solutions, Inc.) would yield better results.
Synergy has been providing this type of service delivery successfully for many years, so the company’s Sr. Business Development Manager and Marketing Manager immediately joined forces and went to work gathering details about the strategy to re-assure the skeptical manager. After interviewing many experienced Synergy Consultants and Managers, and pouring over testimonials and case studies, the pair developed a presentation with these objectives: 1) Acknowledge that there are inherent challenges, 2) Identify specific challenges, 3) Present Synergy’s proven methods for minimizing challenges, and 4) Provide evidence using testimonials and case studies that Synergy’s method consistently delivers a positive experience and successful outcome.
Following are excerpts from the PowerPoint presentation, which was well received by the manager, as well as the entire client team…
When outsourcing an I.T. project to an India-based organization for the first time, a company’s employees may experience fears and doubts, or anticipate challenges. These concerns are valid given the differences in language and culture, and the physical distance between onsite and offsite teams.
The onsite Synergy team works closely with the client team to gather and document all requirements, then works with the offsite team to complete development and testing phases. The phased approach enables client managers to review and approve each phase, before the team moves forward. Given Synergy’s success with this delivery model, its clients have returned again and again to leverage it for significant cost savings and quality work.
The challenges from the client perspective are: Communication Problems (language barrier, heavy accents, loss of non-verbal communication, slow response times), Loss of Control, Different Time Zones, and Cultural Differences in Work and Management Styles.
These are some of the strategies Synergy uses to minimize outsourcing challenges & ensure success:
Synergy’s BI for BPM -- Features:
- Make the client aware that: 1) India is known to have one of the world's finest education systems, and excels in technology education, and 2) The Indian culture has a strong work ethic and commitment to quality.
- Appoint an experienced on-site liaison with strong bi-lingual skills and knowledge of both cultures.
- Plan for upcoming holidays in both cultures.
- Set up high speed communication links to enable real-time interaction and rapid response.
- Regularly schedule overlapping hours so that both onsite and offsite teams can touch base, get updates or conduct Q&A sessions.
- Create quality, detailed documents to support clear instructions and high quality of work.
- Set up an online issues site or repository to enable team member to log concerns, which are addressed daily by the Project Manager.
- Make sure all team members acknowledge in advance that teamwork and communication are key, and that missteps are learning opportunities for everyone.
- Integrate the Agile Development Method, and perform all work in phases to enable managers to methodically and sequentially approve each phase.
Here’s what Synergy’s clients are saying about their experiences with Synergy’s Onsite/Offsite Model:
“Things are going great with the Synergy team. Not long ago, the offsite team was able to turn around an environment build that was a surprise for all of us in a short amount of time!” -Team Lead/System Engineer, Health Insurance
“The folks onsite and offsite at Synergy have been very flexible in the solutions provided, and have been willing to adapt to our changing needs in skill set and resource requirements.” -Senior IT Manager, Healthcare
“Sincere thanks to the Synergy offsite team. The team has been working long and hard and it shows – we are getting a lot done in a short time frame! -Project Manager, Pharmaceuticals
“A big thanks the Synergy Team who provided excellent leadership. You are a very strong communicator and kept things moving very well between all teams. I am extremely grateful for your help.” - IT Manager, Pharmaceuticals